Although the phrase itself may sound indulgent, the reality is that ‘self care’ matters. Self care comprises of a few habits that are crucial to your overall functioning. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that it’s ok to switch off from the world and focus on what makes us happy.
It’s so easy to neglect taking care of ourselves especially when we become busy and overwhelmed with tasks. Sometimes we may actually feel like we are in the wrong for leaving work on our desk to go to that gym class or hanging out with friends when we have a meeting to prepare for later in the week.
There is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself. If you can’t take care of yourself, how do you expect someone to take care of you?
Here are some self care tips that have worked for me:
1) Read a book
2) Do a social media detox
3) Have a shower
4) Have a cup of tea (peppermint and chamomile are great for relaxation)
5) Watch your favourite TV show
6) Take yourself out (yes, that’s right! Learn how to enjoy your own company)
7) Meditate (one of my favourite past times. Apps such as Pacifica and Headspace can ease you into meditative practice)
8) Book a spa day or a treatment
9) Go to the gym or workout at home
10) Go for a walk
11) Listen to music
12) Burn a candle
14) Pay mind to what you read and listen to. Don’t pay attention to anything that doesn’t make you feel good about yourself
15) Don’t feel guilty for taking time out. It’s your God given right
I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and feel free to share your own self care tips.